Terms and Conditions
2021 RAISING THE ROOF FOR CHARITY HOME
As a ticket holder, I understand and agree to the following terms and conditions of the Raising the Roof for Charity 2021 Home Agreement:
1. Promotion Description. Entries must be received by 2:00 p.m. on the day of the Grand Prize drawing for the 2021 “Raising the Roof for Charity” Home. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules. This promotion is sponsored by the Raising the Roof for Charity Foundation, 28603 Krentel, Lacombe, LA 70445 (“Sponsor”).
2. Eligibility. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents, who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Raising the Roof for Charity Foundation and Northshore Home Builders Association employees, their current Board of Directors and Officers, and their spouses and dependents are not eligible to participate.
3. How to Enter. There are 3 ways to enter this promotion. Individuals can log on to www.raisngtherooffoundation.org to reserve a ticket(s). Individuals can call (985) 882-5002 to reserve a ticket(s). Individuals can also enter by reserving a ticket(s) at Northshore Home Builders Association and the Raising the Roof for Charity Foundation, both located at 28603 Krentel, Lacombe, LA ; or at other locations listed at www.raisingtherooffoundation.org. Tickets are $100.00 each, payable with cash, check, or major credit card. The $100.00 ticket price is not deductible for federal or state income tax purposes. Purchased tickets are not refundable. Refunds will only be issued if the drawing does not occur due to lack of ticket sales. All entries become the property of Sponsor(s), and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to use any information submitted by entrants. All proceeds from ticket sales go to Raising the Roof for Charity Foundation, a non-profit organization. Purchase of this ticket constitutes full agreement by the purchaser with all terms and conditions set forth herein.
4. How the Prizes are Awarded. There will be cash giveaways - random drawings - on or before the Grand Prize Drawing. All tickets purchased on or before the scheduled time of the cash giveaway will be eligible for the cash giveaways. The grand prize will be awarded by random drawing. Winners of the cash giveaways are eligible to win the grand prize. Winners need not be present at the drawings. The winning tickets will be announced immediately online at www.raisingtherooffoundation.org.
5. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Only 7500 tickets are available.
6. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Winners will be notified by telephone call or certified mail. A valid driver’s license or other appropriate picture identification is required to claim a prize. The winner(s) will be required to execute and return a winner notification affidavit prior to receiving their prize, or the prize will be forfeited. Early Bird winners must take possession of his or her prize by December 31, 2021 or the prize will be forfeited. Sponsor will report any individual winnings over $600 in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal income and property taxes. Access to the grand prize house by the winner will be restricted until fully and unconditionally accepted by the winner on terms and conditions set forth herein. Complete delivery of the grand prize house will be made to the winner at the real estate closing, which must occur no later than 60 days from the date of the Grand Prize Drawing. Winner of the home agrees that the written determination of a licensed appraiser obtained by the Sponsor will be used to determine the value of the prize home for income tax and all other purposes. Winner(s) will receive a Form 1099 from Sponsor if any winnings are reported to the Internal Revenue Service. The winner of the house agrees to accept the house “as built” without additions or alterations, with absolutely no expressed or implied warranties, including warranty against redhibitory defects (other than those statutorily provided in the Louisiana New Home Warranty Act), given by the Raising the Roof for Charity Foundation, Northshore Home Builders Association, any other sponsors, or any partner charities. The winner accepting the home will be subject to all applicable laws and regulations including covenants and/or restrictions which may apply. Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges that the Raising the Roof for Charity Foundation, Northshore Homebuilders Association, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner’s name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
7. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury or death resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused.
8. Sponsor’s Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by Raising the Roof for Charity Foundation. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by Raising the Roof for Charity Foundation are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor’s/Sponsors’ web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion).
9. A complete list of winners will be available through the official Raising the Roof for Charity Foundation website, www.raisngtherooffoundation.org.